Check out the video on how to create this recipe
- 1 ½ cups walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a food processor, add walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, and cloves and pulse to combine. Spoon 1 tablespoon of nut mixture into each shell filling 30 mini shells. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for about 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the water, sugar honey and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Cool slightly and pour a teaspoon of warm syrup over each shell.
- Refrigerate filled shells for 4 to 5 hours, then thaw shells for 15 minutes before serving.
- *Desserts can be frozen and then thawed for future use.