Courtesy of Michael N. Masseria, Executive Chef, Totally Cooked Catering, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
- 3 cups pears, peeled and 1/2″ diced
- 2 tablespoons blended oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 2 1/2 ounces Ginger Snaps, cut into small triangles
- Toss the pears with the oil and spices and roast in a 350ºF oven until the pears are tender. Set aside to cool. Bring the cream to a simmer and stir in the cheese heating for 10-15 minutes or until smooth and thick. Remove from the heat and stir in the cooled pears. Once cooled, spoon the mixture into the shells and garnish with the ginger snaps triangles.
- For added crispness, preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.
- The filling can be made ahead of time and then spooned into the shells and garnished as needed.
Serving size: 1 shell (25g), Amount per serving: Calories 60, Calories from Fat – 45, Total Fat –4.5g, Saturated fat – 2.5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol –15mg, Sodium – 85mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g,Total carbohydrate -3g Sugars – 1g, Protein – 2g, Vitamin A – 2%, Vitamin C – 0%, Calcium – 4%, Iron 0%