Shrimp Ceviche Bites- shrimp ceviche sounds fancy but it is a simple recipe and tastes so fresh and light. Add a little Latin flair and bring healthy party snacks to your entertaining!
Sponsored Blog by: Lemons for LuLu, http://www.lemonsforlulu.com/shrimp-ceviche-bites/
- 1 pound shrimp 21-25 count, peeled and deveined
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small Roma tomato diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- juice from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 small orange
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- Bring a small stockpot with salted water to a boil. Add shrimp and boil just for 2-3 minutes. Rinse shrimp under cold water; drain. Chill shrimp for 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp; chop the shrimp into small chunks. Stir in avocado, diced tomatoes and red onion. Squeeze the juice from one lime, lemon and orange; stir. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, crisp fillo shells according to package direction and allow them to cool.
- Just before serving divide shrimp mixture between the fillo shells, garnish with cilantro if desired.
Serving size: 1 shell (23g), Amount per serving: Calories 25, Calories from Fat – 10, Total Fat –1g, Saturated fat – 0g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 15mg, Sodium – 80 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g,Total carbohydrate – 2g Sugars – 0g, Protein – 2g, Vitamin A – 0%, Vitamin C – 4%, Calcium – 0%, Iron 0%