These exotic appetizers combine onions, tomatoes, goat cheese and spices with a Mini Fillo Shell crunch to keep your party-goers pleased.
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon goat cheese
- Bunch of cilantro leaves for garnish
- Place the shells on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 3-5 minutes for added crispness. Allow to cool.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, drizzle olive oil. Add salt, lemon pepper, cumin seeds, cayenne powder, garlic powder, turmeric and cumin powder. Mix well with spatula. Add onions and cook until onions are translucent. Add tomatoes and cook, covered for about 3-4 minutes or until chutney consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon rounded teaspoon of chutney into each shell. Top each with crumbled goat cheese and cilantro.