Blue cheese certainly makes a strong statement in any recipe, but the apricot and pistachio nuts balance the flavors out quite nicely. Impress your guests with these gourmet appetizers.
- 6 ounces (approximately 1 cup) dried apricots
- 2/3 cup diced pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Basil leaves, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, toss together apricots, pistachios, blue cheese and basil. Spoon one heaping teaspoon of filling into each shell. Drizzle with honey, and garnish with basil leaves.
- Serve at room temperature.