- 24 sheets Athens® Fill Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 2 fillets Atlantic Cod, skinless & boneless (approximately 4-5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Lemon zest, from 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- Thaw one roll of fillo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Season fillets with lemon pepper and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a medium pan. Add green onions and spinach, sautéing until spinach just starts to wilt. Sprinkle with lemon juice and sea salt. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl combine lemon zest, black pepper and bread crumbs.
- Unroll and cover fillo sheets with plastic wrap, then a slightly damp towel to prevent drying out. Place one sheet of fillo on work surface, lightly spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle lightly with some of the bread crumb mixture. Carefully lift two corners of the long side of fillo and fold in half lengthwise so your fillo is now 4 ½ x 14”. Spray lightly with oil and fold lengthwise again. Spray with oil and fold one more time so you now have a strip approximately 1” x 14”. Place the strip under plastic wrap to keep it from drying out and continue folding the remaining sheets of fillo in the same manner. You will use 12 strips per entrée. On the work surface, lay 6 strips side by side vertically approximately ¼” from each other.
- Weave the other 6 strips horizontally across them alternating over and under the vertical strips. Drain any excess liquid from spinach and spoon ½ of the spinach mixture onto the center of the fillo. Place one fish fillet on top. Fish shape and size varies so trim excess fillo with a knife leaving just enough to fold up and over the fish forming a “net” around the fish. Repeat process with other fish fillet. Place on baking sheet, seam side down, at least 1” apart. Melt remaining butter and brush over the fillo. Reroll unused fillo sheets and follow storing instructions on package. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Can be prepared in advance, wrapped airtight and frozen. To serve, unwrap, brush with butter and bake as directed.
Calories 610, Calories from Fat – 130, Total Fat – 15g, Saturated fat – 7g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 80mg, Sodium – 910 mg, Dietary Fiber – 6g, Total Carbohydrate – 83g Sugars – 5g, Protein – 34g, Vitamin A – 120%, Vitamin C – 45%, Calcium 20%, Iron 30%