Looking for easy hor dourves recipes to bring to your next party? Try this tasty combination with sweet onion and Black Forest ham and so easy to make.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, thin sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) herbed goat cheese
- 4 thick slices Black Forest ham
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan. Add onions and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until onions are brown and caramelized, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread goat cheese evenly over each slice of ham, leaving a 1/4” border. Starting at the short end, roll up each slice (jelly roll style). Cut each roll into 1/4” pinwheels. Place a teaspoon of onions in each shell. Gently “nest” a pinwheel into each.
For added crispness, preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.
Serving size: 1 shell (17g); Calories: 40; Calories from Fat: 30; Total Fat: 3.5g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Sodium: 50mg; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Total Carbohydrates: 1g; Sugars: 1g; Protein: 2g