Looking for Halloween Desserts to spook your party guests? Try these Bloody Eyeball Phyllo Treats.
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup silvered almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 30 large blood shot candy eyes
- 1/4 cup raspberry or strawberry spreadable fruit or preserves
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3–5 minutes. Cool. In a medium mixing bowl, combine coconut, confectioners sugar, almonds and sweetened condensed milk. Form mixture into 30 – 1 1/2” loose balls.
- Gently press one ball into each of 30 shells. Gently push candy eyes into each ball close to the top of the shell.
- In a small bowl, briefly whisk the spreadable fruit or preserves.
- Using a small pastry brush, “paint” blotches and lines of the spreadable fruit on the coconut balls around the candy eyes.
Candy eyes can be purchased at most craft and cake supply stores.
1 shell (14g), Amount per serving: Calories 60, Calories from Fat – 25, Total Fat – 3g, Saturated fat – 1.5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 0mg, Sodium – 20mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Sugars – 6g, Protein – 1g