Looking for fun fillo dessert recipes? Check out this Champagne Toast recipe sure to be all the buzz at your next party.
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 2/3 cups champagne, divided (1 1/2 cups + 3 tablespoons)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 1 pinch salt
- 15 raspberries, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3–5 minutes. Cool. In a medium chilled bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fill a medium pot 1/3 with water and bring to a simmer. In a small metal bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until combined and light in color. Add 1 1/2 cups champagne and whisk to combine. Place the bowl with the egg mixture on top of the simmering water. Whisk continuously until the mixture thickens and foam subsides. Remove from heat and whisk for 2 minutes as the mixture continues to thicken. Set aside. Pour remaining 3 tablespoons champagne in a microwave safe bowl, sprinkle with gelatin and let sit until absorbed. Once absorbed, microwave for 10 seconds or until gelatin has dissolved. Whisk the gelatin into the egg mixture. Add salt. Gently fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes or until firm enough to pipe.
- Pipe into each shell and top with a raspberry half.
Serving size: 14g, Calories 30, Calories from Fat – 15, Total Fat – 1g, Saturated fat – 1g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 20mg, Sodium – 10mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total carbohydrate – 2g, Sugars – 1g, Protein – 0g