Take your pigs in a blanket to the next level with this easy appetizer featuring flaky fillo and cheddar cheese.
- 10 sheets Athens Fillo® Dough (9” x 14”), thawed
- Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package (14 ounce) Hillshire Farms Lit’l Smokie® Links
- Thaw one roll of fillo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll and cover the sheets with a damp towel or plastic wrap to prevent drying out.
- Place one sheet of fillo on cutting board and lightly coat with cooking spray. Layer and repeat with 4 more sheets. Cut layered fillo into 6 equal sections widthwise and 4 equal sections lengthwise to create 24 squares (approx. 2 inch squares). Place 1 teaspoon of cheese in the center of each square. Place sausage diagonally on the corner of the fillo square. Wrap fillo over sausage and roll to opposite corner. Place seam side down on a baking tray. Lightly spray the outside. Reroll unused sheets and follow storing instructions on package. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until fillo is golden brown. Serve.