Looking for delicious phyllo desserts recipes for your next party? Try these Cherry Red Velvet Cups.
- 4 packages (15 count, each) Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 package (16.5 ounce) red velvet cake mix
- 1 can (21 ounce) cherry pie filling, drained
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Mix cake batter per instructions on box. Drop one cherry into each shell. Spoon 1 teaspoon of cake batter into each shell over the cherries. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- While the cake mix is cooling, prepare the frosting: In a medium mixing bowl combine the cream cheese and butter together, mix well. Add the confectioners sugar and vanilla and beat for 5 minutes.
- Pipe or spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of frosting into each cup.
- Optional: garnish with chocolate shavings
• 1 can of cream cheese frosting can be substituted
• Cups can be made ahead kept frozen in airtight container
Serving size: 1 shell (23g) Calories 70, Calories from Fat 25 Total Fat 3.5g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 45 mg Total Carbohydrate 9g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 3g Protein 1g Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 2% Iron 2%