Kick start your party with this chicken appetizer! Lots of fun for a party and oh so tasty!
- 10 sheets Athens Fillo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 3 links chicken chorizo
- 3 tablespoons whole berry cranberry sauce
- 4 ounces Feta cheese
- Cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 40 long chives, optional for garnish
- Thaw one roll of fillo, following instructions on package. Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Remove sausage from casing. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until browned, breaking up any clumps. Drain. Remove from heat and add cranberry sauce and feta.
- Open the fillo and cover the sheets with plastic wrap, then a damp towel to prevent drying out. Place one sheet of fillo on work surface with short side near you. Spray one half, vertically, lightly with cooking spray. Fold dough in half so it is a 4 1/2” x 14” strip. Cut the strip in half so you have two pieces measuring 4 1/2” x 7” each. With the shorter side near you, place 1 tablespoon of filling in the middle of the bottom of each piece. Fold the dough over and roll, pinching the edges as you go. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Repeat the procedure with remaining phyllo dough. Brush the firecrackers lightly with butter to produce a golden brown color when baked. Reroll unused sheets and follow storage instructions on package. Bake for 12-20 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, garnish by tying chives around each end of firecrackers.
• Serve with ranch dressing.
• A quick blanch will make the chives more malleable.
Serving Size: 1 piece (31g); Calories: 90; Calories from Fat: 60; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 25mg; Sodium: 190mg; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Total Carbohydrates: 5g; Sugars: 1g; Protein: 4g