You can make many types of appetizers for Christmas without taking up much of your time. You already have plenty to do to get your home ready for the friends and family – whether they join you for an annual Christmas party earlier in the month or on Christmas Day. Easy-to-make appetizers include Chicken Florentine and Spicy Tuna Tarts.
- 1/2 cup small diced chicken breasts
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons white wine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon small diced roasted red pepper
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a small skillet, heat oil and saute chicken 5-7 minutes until fully cooked. Stir in flour, cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Add the wine and cook for 1 minute. Add the milk, stirring constantly. Cook for 2-3 minutes until thick and creamy. Add spinach and pepper, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of filling into each Fillo Shell. Garnish with 1/4 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.