These easy-to-prepare appetizers bring a flavorful blend of cream cheese and goat cheese together with tart cranberries in a crunchy Mini Fillo Shell.
- 24 ounces plain goat cheese, softened
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 sprigs fresh sage
- Oil for frying sage
- 1 tray (45 count) Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- Balsamic reduction
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend goat cheese and cream cheese together well. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, orange juice and sugar. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for approximately 10-15 minutes or until berries start to “pop.” Remove from heat and cool. For thicker consistency, puree ½ cup of the mixture and stir back in.
- To fry sage, add 2 tablespoons of oil to heated pan. When oil is hot, add sage and fry briefly until crisp. Allow to drain on paper towels. When cool, crumble the leaves.
- Pipe 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture into each shell. Spoon 1 or 2 cranberries and some of the juice over cheese filling. Garnish with a sprinkle of the sage leaves and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- TIP: For added crispness, preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.
Calories 40, Calories from Fat – 25, Total Fat – 3, Saturated fat – 1.5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 5mg, Sodium – 35 mg, Carbohydrates – 2g Dietary Fiber – 0g, Sugars – 1g, Protein – 1g