Looking for fun bite size dessert recipes? Try these Creamy Mandarin Mango Phyllo Cups that will add a zest to your next party.
- 1 package (15 count) Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- 4 mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup mango, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- For Topping:
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool. Peel oranges and reserve peel for optional candied orange garnish if desired. Squeeze the juice from the oranges to yield ¼ cup.
- In a small saucepan, combine Mandarin and lime juice with sugar, diced mangos, cornstarch and egg yolks. Cook over medium heat stirring with a whisk for approximately 8 minutes until thick, smooth and starting to bubble. Stir in butter. When butter is mixed in, remove from heat and place in an ice bath. Stir mixture occasionally until cool. Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling into each shell.
- For Topping:
- Put 2 tablespoons of cream and all of the white chocolate in a bowl. Melt for about 20 seconds in a microwave. Stir to combine and let cool. Add sugar and the rest of the heavy cream. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spoon the topping onto the filling. (needs serving instructions, e.g. Cool and serve) ?
•If you do not have a juicer, you can put the oranges in a Ziploc bag and squeeze them with your hand. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and allow the juice to drain.
•To make candied orange peel, cut peel into ¼” wide strips. Place the peels in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, drain the water and repeat again with more cold water. Drain the water once again. In a medium pan, heat ¾ cup water and 1 ½ cups granulated sugar. Simmer for 8 minutes. Add the peel and simmer for 40 minutes. Do not stir. Drain any remaining syrup and place peels on a cooling rack to dry.
Servings Per Container 15 Calories 35 Calories from Fat 15 Total Fat 2g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 10mg Total Carbohydrate 4g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 3g Protein 0g