Check out Cupid's Arrow, a chicken appetizer perfect for Valentine's Day or any occassion.Ingredients:
- 8 sheets Athens Fillo Dough (9" x 14"), thawed
- 1 package (.75 ounce) Szechwan seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup sweet red peppers, chopped 1/2 inch
- 1/2 cup green beans, chopped 1/2 inch
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2/3 cup cooked shrimp, deveined, tail off, chopped 1/2 inch
- Canola oil or cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Thaw one roll of fillo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Unroll and cover fillo sheets with plastic wrap, then a slightly damp towel to prevent drying out.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine Szechwan seasoning, sugar, soy sauce, chicken broth or stock and sesame oil to make a sauce. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté the onions and red peppers in canola oil for 2-3 minutes. Lower heat to medium and add green beans, garlic, chicken and shrimp. Cook for 3 minutes and then add Szechwan sauce, reserving 2-3 tablespoons of the sauce for garnish if desired. Cover and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place one sheet of fillo on work surface with short side near you. Lightly brush or spray the fillo with canola oil. Fold the dough in half lengthwise to form a 4 1/2” x 14” strip. Place 1/4 cup of shrimp and chicken filling about 2 inches from corner of strip. Fold one corner of fillo diagonally over the filling to opposite edge to form a triangle. Continue to fold triangle onto itself. Brush or spray the outside of the triangle with oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place triangles seam side down on ungreased baking tray at least 1 inch apart. Repeat with the remaining fillo sheets or until all of the filling is used. Re-roll unused fillo sheets and follow storing instructions on package. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
Serving suggestion: Serve with sticky rice formed into the shape of a heart and garnish with reserved Szechwan sauce.
Note: Cupid’s Arrow is a traditional Chinese dish.Nutritional Info:
Calories 290, Calories from Fat – 140, Total Fat – 15g, Saturated fat – 2g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 65mg, Sodium – 530 mg, Dietary Fiber - 2g, Sugars – 5g, Protein – 16g