- 16 sheets Athens® Fillo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat boned and shredded
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 package (10 ounce) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Thaw one roll of fillo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Remove chicken meat from the bones and shred. In a medium bowl, mix together chicken, soup, vegetables, onion powder, black pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Unroll and cover fillo sheets with plastic wrap, then a slightly damp towel to prevent drying out. Place one sheet of fillo on work surface, lightly spray with cooking spray. Carefully lift two corners of a long side of fillo and fold in half lengthwise so the fillo is now 4 ½ x 14”. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Fold in half a second time and spray with cooking spray. Fold in half a third time to now have a strip approximately 1” x 14”. Cover the strip with plastic wrap to keep from drying out . Repeat process with 15 more sheets of fillo. Place a piece of plastic wrap (approximately 15” x 15” on a work surface. Place 8 strips side by side vertically approximately ½” from each other. Weave the other 8 strips horizontally across them alternating over and under the vertical strips. Reroll unused fillo sheets and follow storing instructions on package.
- Spoon chicken filling into pie plate or cast iron skillet. Carefully flip woven strips on top of filling and remove plastic wrap. Using a thin sharp knife, gently tuck ends of dough along sides of pan. Brush with melted butter. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving size: 1 piece (359g), Amount per serving: Calories 400, Calories from Fat – 130, Total Fat – 14g, Saturated fat – 4.5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 110mg, Sodium – 550 mg, Dietary Fiber – 3g, Total Carbohydrate – 28g Sugars – 4g, Protein – 38g, Vitamin A – 70%, Vitamin C – 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%