Looking for holiday party foods? Try these Eggnog Mini Fillo Cups. They are sure to impress your guests.
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 cup egg nog
- 1 package (2.7 ounce) French Vanilla Instant Mousse Mix or (3.1 ounce) Chocolate Instant Mousse Mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of rum (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (plus additional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool.
- Place egg nog, mousse mix, rum, nutmeg and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until thickened. Then whip at highest speed for 5-8 minutes until peaks start to form. Chill mixture for 20 minutes. Pipe or spoon filling into shells. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Serve chilled.
Instant pudding mix can also be used. Substitute eggnog for the amount of milk listed on the box. Add 1 tablespoon rum and cinnamon and nutmeg as above.
Serving size: 14g, Amount per serving: Calories 30, Calories from Fat – 15, Total Fat –2g, Saturated fat – 0g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 0mg, Sodium – 70 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g,Total carbohydrate – 3g Sugars – 0g, Protein – 1g