Impress your guest at your next dinner party with phyllo recipes including this savory cheese filled pie.
- 25 sheets Athens® Fillo Dough (9” x 14”), thawed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds feta cheese
- 6 ounces butter, melted
- Thaw two rolls of fillo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, salt and pepper. Whisk in sour cream. Add cottage cheese and feta cheese mixing until well combined.
- Unroll and cover fillo sheets with plastic wrap, then a slightly damp towel to prevent drying out. Lightly brush butter in a 9” x 13” baking pan. Lay five sheets of fillo in the baking pan. Liberally brush the top sheet with butter. Gently spread one-quarter of the cheese mixture on the dough. Repeat this layering process four more times, ending with fillo dough. Pour remaining butter evenly across the top. Reroll unused fillo sheets and follow storage instructions on package.
- Bake 1 hour or until golden brown and cheese is set. The pie will puff up while baking but will settle down a little when removed from the oven. Let sit 15-20 minutes before carefully cutting into twelve even pieces
Serving size: 1 piece (156g); Calories: 380; Calories from Fat: 230; Total Fat: 26g; Saturated Fat: 16g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 170mg; Sodium: 970mg; Total Carbohydrates: 17g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 2g; Protein: 18g; Vitamin A: 20%; Vitamin C: 0%; Calcium: 20%; Iron 6%