Looking for delicious and fresh summer appetizer recipes? Try these Grilled Peach Phyllo Tarts.
- 1 package (15 count) Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 large peach, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Candied pecans or hazelnuts for garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl combine mascarpone and cream cheeses with confectioners sugar and salt. Using an electric mixer beat for 3-4 minutes.
- In a small bowl gently toss the peaches with the syrup and melted butter. Prepare grill. Lift the peaches from the butter mixture, letting the excess butter fall back into the bowl. Grill the peaches over direct low heat, with the lid closed. Cook until they are slightly soft, approximately 4 minutes, turning over once while they are cooking. It is important to keep the heat low so the syrup does not burn. When cool, cut into small pieces.
- Pipe or spoon a heaping tablespoon of cheese mixture into each fillo shell. Top each with ¼- ½ teaspoon of diced peaches (including some of the juice). Garnish with candied pecans or hazelnuts. *needs serving instructions, e.g. Cool and serve or Serve immediately.
•For added crispness, preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.
•To make candied pecans or hazelnuts, place1/3 cup chopped nuts is a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of melted butter and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar. Spread the nut mixture on a parchment lined pan and bake at 350⁰F for 5-10 minutes. Using a fork, separate the nuts and allow them to cool.
Servings Per Container 15 Calories 50 Calories from Fat 40 Total Fat 4.5g Saturated Fat 2.5g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 15 mg Total Carbohydrate 2g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 1g Protein 1g