- 18 sheets Athens® Fillo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 7 ounces guava paste
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Canola oil cooking spray
- Thaw one roll of fillo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice guava paste into 28 pieces approximately 1” square and ¼” high. Set aside.
- Unroll and cover fillo sheets with plastic wrap, then a slightly damp towel to prevent drying out. Place one sheet of fillo on work surface and lightly spray with cooking spray. Layer and repeat with two more sheets. Do not spray the top layer. Cut the layered fillo into four strips 3 ½” x 9”. Spoon ½ tablespoon cream cheese approximately ½” from the short edge of strip. Place one piece of guava paste on top. Fold short edge of fillo just over filling. Fold one corner of fillo diagonally across to opposite edge to form a triangle. Continue to fold triangle unto itself to end of strip. Place triangles at least 1″ apart seam side down on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat process 4 more times to make 24 triangles. Reroll unused fillo sheets and follow storing instructions on package. In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and water to make an egg wash. Lightly brush outside of triangles with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Guava paste can be found in the Latin section of most grocery stores.
Serving size: 1 piece (25g), Amount per serving: Calories 70, Calories from Fat – 25, Total Fat – 3g, Saturated fat – 1.5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 15mg, Sodium – 50 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total Carbohydrate – 11g Sugars – 6g, Protein – 1g, Vitamin A – 2%, Vitamin C – 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%