Searching for fun football party appetizers that kids and adults will like? Try these Mac and Cheese Phyllo Footballs
- 12 sheets Athens Fillo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 1 box (12 ounce) frozen macaroni & cheese, defrosted
- 1/3 cup bacon pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup canola oil, for brushing
- 4 slices American cheese
- Thaw one roll of fillo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- In a medium bowl thoroughly combine the macaroni and cheese, bacon pieces, Sriracha and sour cream.
- Open the fillo and cover the sheets with plastic wrap, then a damp towel to prevent drying out. Place one sheet of fillo on cutting surface and coat lightly with cooking spray. Lay another sheet of fillo on top. Cut the dough into thirds lengthwise creating 3 strips each 3” x 14”. Place one tablespoon of filling about 1” from corner of each strip. Fold one corner of fillo diagonally across to opposite edge to form a triangle. Continue to fold triangle onto itself. Coat the triangles lightly with spray to produce a golden brown color when baked.
- Place triangles seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet at least 1” apart. Repeat until the filling is used up. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While footballs are baking, cut thin strips of American cheese (1 long and 4 short) to represent the laces. Place the laces on the footballs as soon as they come out of the oven so that they will slightly melt. Serve warm.
Amount per serving: Calories 90, Calories from Fat – 50, Total Fat – 6g, Saturated fat – 2g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 10mg, Sodium – 180 mg, Dietary Fiber – 3g, Sugars – 1g, Protein – 3g