When you’re craving Mexican food and pizza on the same night, reach for phyllo shells instead of taco shells. Replace the marinara with enchilada sauce and load on the cheese and beans to combine the best flavors of both worlds.
- 3 Tablespoons red enchilada sauce
- 1 jalapeno chicken sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Mexican style canned corn, drained
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- ¼ cup shredded cheese, taco blend
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium mixing bowl, combine sauce, sausage, beans and corn. Mix thoroughly. Fill mini shells with one heaping teaspoon of mixture. Top each shell with cheese. Arrange on a baking tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Serve.
- TIP: Shells can be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen prior to baking. To serve, unwrap and follow baking instructions.
Serving size: 1 shell (14 g), Amount per serving: Calories 30, Calories from Fat – 10, Total Fat – 1g, Saturated fat – .5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 5mg, Sodium – 35 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Sugars – 0g, Protein – 1g