Mascarpone cheese, lime juice and mint leaves mingle in a Mini Fillo Shell in these desserts inspired by the traditional Cuban cocktail.
- 2 packages (15 count each) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce rum
- 8 large mint leaves
- Small mint leaves for garnish, if desired
- Optional: Cream cheese, softened, may be substituted for mascarpone
- Place shells on a serving dish. In a small bowl or food processor, combine the cheese, 2 tablespoon of the sugar, lime juice and rum. Evenly spoon or pipe the mixture into the shells.
- With a large non-serrated knife chop together the remaining sugar and the mint leaves until leaves are completely minced and the sugar is well combined and green. Lightly sprinkle the mint sugar over each shell. Serve immediately.