Listen up, fans of Hawaiian pizza. These bite-sized phyllo treats elevate the classic salty-and-sweet combination of ham and pineapple by using prosciutto, which is basically ham that studied abroad in college.
- 5 ounces Gruyere cheese
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 5 ounces pineapple (approximately a quarter to a half whole pineapple)
- 1/2 ounce prosciutto
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut Gruyere cheese into 30 pieces, approximately 3/4” x 3/4” x 1/2” in size, and place one in each Mini Fillo Shell. Cut pineapple into 30 cubes, approximately 3/4” each. Cut prosciutto into 30 thin strips approximately 4” long. Wrap one strip of prosciutto around each pineapple cube and place on top of cheese. Bake on a baking sheet for 3 minutes, or just until cheese melts. Garnish with basil.
Cubes of mango can be used instead of or in addition to pineapple
Serving size: 1 shell (14g); Calories: 40; Calories from Fat: 20; Total Fat: 2g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Sodium: 55mg; Total Carbohydrate: 3g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugars: 1g; Protein: 2g; Vitamin A: 2%; Vitamin C: 2%; Calcium: 6%; Iron: 0%