These crispy phyllo chips make a great match with vegetable-powered dips like our Caribbean Squash Dip or White Bean Tahini Dip.
- 1 roll (20 sheets) Athens® Fillo Dough, (9″x14″), thawed
- 2 egg whites
- 4 Tablespoons canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 – 1 oz. packets ranch seasoning
- Thaw one roll of fillo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine egg whites, oil and water. Using a fork or whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Open the fillo and cover the sheets with a damp towel or plastic wrap to prevent drying out. Place one sheet of fillo on cutting surface and lightly coat with the egg white mixture then lightly sprinkle with seasoning. Repeat with four more sheets (the more sheets, the sturdier the chips). Cut the fillo into 16 rectangles by making one cut down the middle of the fillo lengthwise and 8 equal perpendicular cuts. For triangles, cut the rectangles in half diagonally.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 6 minutes or just until fillo is a light golden brown (this will happen quickly).
- Repeat until all fillo is used. Serve with White Bean Tahini Dip, Caribbean Squash Dip or your favorite dip.
- Egg white mixture holds fillo layers together better than cooking spray.