Here’s the pairing you never knew you needed: soft blocks of tofu roasted to perfection then drizzled with yummy pesto. These shells come together in just over 30 minutes for a great midweek appetizer.
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces extra firm tofu, 1/2″–3/4″ cubed
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 1/3 cup pesto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, paprika, salt and olive oil. Gently toss tofu into olive oil mixture, coating it thoroughly. Let marinate for at least half an hour. Place two or three (depending on size) tofu pieces in each shell. Place on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until tofu just starts to turn golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle one teaspoon of pesto over each and serve.
Serving size: 1 shell (13g); Calories: 40; Calories from Fat: 20; Total Fat: 2.5g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 80mg; Total Carbohydrate: 2g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugars: 0g; Protein: 1g; Vitamin A: 2%; Vitamin C: 0%; Calcium: 2%; Iron: 2%