Roasted Veggie Phyllo Wraps are quick and easy vegetarian appetizer recipes that will make a statement at your dinner or party.
- 9 sheets Athens® Fillo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 4″ x 1/4″ strips
- 2 large yellow or orange bell peppers, cut into 4″ x 1/4″ strips
- 18 green onions, cut into 4″ pieces
- 18 asparagus spears, cut into 4″ pieces
- 1 package (5.2 ounces) Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese
- Thaw one roll of fillo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Unroll and cover fillo sheets with plastic wrap, then a slightly damp towel to prevent drying out. Place one sheet of fillo on work surface with short side near you. Lightly brush with butter and sprinkle with1/4 teaspoon breadcrumbs. Layer with two more sheets of fillo dough. Do not butter or breadcrumb top layer. Cut the dough twice from top to bottom, making three 3” x 14” strips. Then, cut each strip into four equal 3” x 3 1/2” pieces.
- Gently spread 1-2 teaspoons of Boursin® cheese on each rectangle, leaving a 1/2” border around the perimeter. Place one piece of each vegetable in a pile at the short end of each rectangle, allowing the vegetables to extend out both ends. Roll each then place seam-side down on a baking sheet. Brush each roll lightly with butter.
- Repeat procedure two more times with remaining dough, creating a total of 36 rolls. Reroll unused fillo sheets and follow storing instructions on package. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
• Other strips of vegetables, such as portabella mushrooms and carrots, can also be used.
• Cooking spray may be used instead of butter to minimize fat.
Serving size: 46g, Amount per serving: Calories 50, Calories from Fat – 25, Total Fat – 3g, Saturated fat – 1.5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol –5mg, Sodium – 60 mg, Total Carbohydrates – 5g Dietary Fiber – 1g, Sugars – 1g, Protein – 2g, Vitamin A – 15%, Vitamin C – 35%, Calcium – 2%, Iron 2%