These scary-good (and perfect-for-Halloween) treats feature candy melts, coconut and almonds bursting out of a pair of crunchy Mini Fillo Shells.
- 1 bag candy melts (black or dark chocolate)
- 2 packages (15 count each Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract or vanilla extract
- Few drops green food coloring, preferably gel coloring
- 30 small candy eyes
- Melt candy in either a microwave or double boiler per package directions. Paint shells with melted candy using a small pastry brush and place on a rack to dry, bottom side up.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine coconut, confectioners sugar, almonds, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and food coloring until mixture is an even green color. Form mixture into 15 – 1½” balls.
- When shells are dry, place 1 ball into each of 15 shells. Gently push candy eyes into each ball. Place second shell on top at an angle as if it is hinged to the bottom shell.
Candy melts and eyes can be purchased at most craft and cake supply stores.
Serving size: 1 monster (28g), Amount per serving: Calories 130, Calories from Fat – 60, Total Fat – 7g, Saturated fat – 3.5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 0mg, Sodium – 35mg, Dietary Fiber – 1g, Sugars – 11g, Protein – 2g