Courtesy of Chef Dino Lubbat, Dinotto Ristorante, Chicago
- 4, 4-ounce salmon filets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 20 sheets Athens® Fillo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- Cooking Spray
- Rub both sides of the salmon with the fresh lemon.
- On a cutting board, layer 5 sheets of fillo, lightly spraying each sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the salmon at one end of the layered fillo dough, leaving 1” from the end and 1” from each side.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and sprinkle parsley, dill and shallots. Roll salmon over, and repeat seasoning on the other side.
- Fold fillo up over the salmon to form a roll. Pinch the sides to enclose the salmon.
- Spray outside of roll with cooking spray and place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with the three remaining salmon fillets.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- •Use chicken breast or other seafood filling, if desired.
- •Serve with fresh vegetables or salad