Mixing great flavors such as sweet onion, Parmesan cheese and basil, your mouth will be watering with these unique appetizers.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sweet onion, 1/4″ dice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons basil, chiffonade
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- Preheat oven to 375⁰F. In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in onions, pepper and 1 1/2 tablespoons each of Parmesan and basil. Fill the shells and place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until they just start to brown. Garnish with remaining basil. Serve warm.
Serving size: 1 shell (15g); Calories: 45; Calories from Fat: 30; Total Fat: 3.5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Sodium: 45mg; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Total Carbohydrates: 2g; Sugars: 0g; Protein: 1g; Vitamin A: 20%; Vitamin C: 2%; Calcium: 0%; Iron: 0%