This recipe received honorable mention in Athens Holiday Mini Fillo Shells Recipe Contest.
- 2 peeled, cored and finely chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 packages (30 count) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 1/2 cup thawed whipped topping, for garnish
- In a medium skillet, sauté apples, walnuts, brown sugar and butter over low heat until apples are tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon. Cool slightly and spoon 1 tablespoon of apple mixture into each Fillo Shell. Garnish with whipped topping. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Add raisins if desired.
Serving size: 1 shell (14 g), Amount per serving: Calories 40, Calories from Fat – 20, Total Fat – 2.5g, Saturated fat – 1g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 5mg, Sodium – 5 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Sugars – 3g, Protein – 0g